Monday, December 28, 2009

I just purchased one med live rock for my saltwater tank and I believe I see floating worms. Is this

Before my newly live rock all I had were dead rocks now I have one live %26amp; 4 dead rock, two clowns, cleaner shrimp, red general star fish, hermits and snails. All in a 40 gallon tank that 2 1/2 months old. So back to the 3 worms on the side of the glass...I know there are live species on the rocks but are worms one of them? If so what else should I be looking for so I won't trip out like I did with the worms.Also what can I get to eat the worms.What are good things on live rock and what are bad species on live rocks.The hermit and snails love the rock... so does the shrimp. The fish and the star fish has gotten close to it but that it.So fish lovers out there...please help me with these wormssssssss.



I just purchased one med live rock for my saltwater tank and I believe I see floating worms. Is this possible?

There are normally quite a few worm species that can be found in live rock, but most burrow into the rock and don't float. These can range from nice finds (small feather dusters) to bristleworms (that have bristles that sting if you touch them).



Do your worms appear to be alive (moving)? Could you describe them a little better (size, color)? The type they are will determine what may eat them.



And if you have good live rock, you'll probably find more than just worms - there should be shrimp, sponges, and all sorts of things you'll be finding for weeks to come (especially if you look in the tank at night!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting talk