Monday, November 30, 2009

Can i live w/ my stepdad?

Well my bio dad has not been in my life since i was 3. About three years ago (im 16 now) my mom married the best guy literally in the whole world. But they just got divorced. I love my step dad to death and he has totally been there for me. Its really hard to live w/ my mom because she has anger issues and has been diaganosed w/ bi polar dissorder. Yet she refuses to take any type of medication.



Now my mom wants to move and take me away from everyone i love, including my step dad. which is completely unbearable for me. Do you know if there is anyway i colud live w/ him? like dont you get to choose when you become a certant age.?



And technically i dont think my mom totally qualifies as a "fit" parent, she wont work, and mentally has abused me since i was little, like i would as for somthing in the store and she would threatin to put me up for adoption. This kinda thing is still going on. Is there anyway i can live w/ my step dad?



Can i live w/ my stepdad?

You are old enough to make that decision for yourself. While you are not technically an adult, no court in the land would make you live somewhere you are not happy.....look at all the street kids out there, they just leave home and live on the streets and there is nothing really the Law can do about it. Talk to your step-dad and if he wants you to live with him, then just do it. If your mother has a problem with it, then she will have to take it to court to get custody of you, in which case she will have to prove she your step-dad is an unfit parent. Just tell your mother that you love her and wish her well, but you are going to live with your step dad. (Of course if thats what your step-dad agrees to). Talk to him and if hes OK with it, then go for it.



Good luck with it all.



Can i live w/ my stepdad?

Talk to your stepfather, and explain your concerns. If he is willing, he should be able to get guardianship of you based on the circumstances you describe.



Can i live w/ my stepdad?

at your age I believe so



Can i live w/ my stepdad?

write to him and explain the situtation



maybe the judge might say ok then, does he have a new wife, she would have to say ok too I think



do they have kids? do they want kids? what kind of attention and love do the cats get?



Can i live w/ my stepdad?

See your step father immediately and show him this question. IF he wants you to live with him, he will have little trouble getting a court order to make it so.



Can i live w/ my stepdad?

Yeah, you're old enough to make up your own mind. Be careful though, I'm assuming you're a girl, your mum may try to insinuate that you and your stepdad have something going, so make sure it all looks above board.



Can i live w/ my stepdad?

How old are you, and what part of the world do you live in?



The answers to those two questions will help you know whether you can or not.



If I were in a political position, I would say YES - go and live with your step dad. Because your mom is obviously not taking responsibility for her mental illness by staying on meds!



I feel bad for you :( i pray it will all work out for the best.



Can i live w/ my stepdad?

Did your step dad legally adopt you ?



If not, you could only live with him if your mom %26amp; he wanted it...



Can i live w/ my stepdad?

It depends what the law says where you live. You could be considered a runaway, and if your mom pushed it, it could make legal trouble for your step-dad. If, in the divorce, your step dad asks for custody, then it would be up to a judge, but if your mom doesn't agree, it's unlikely that a judge will give custody to a step-parent. You could try getting emancipated. It's a process that basically gives you the same rights as an adult. Call/go to your family court in your area to find out the details of that- then, if you are emancipated, you can live wherever you want. The other option is to call the Human Services Department and (DCFS in some areas) and say you'd rather live in foster care than with your mom. That may be an option for you; then your step-dad could become certified as a foster parent to care for you. Either way, it's a lot of legal red-tape. Good luck!



Can i live w/ my stepdad?

I doubt very much that the court would allow you to live with your stepfather unless he actually adopted you. Since your mother is your biological parent the court is going to give her "custody" of you although you are old enough to have your say. I suggest you request a hearing with the judge in the case but don't get your hopes up.



Can i live w/ my stepdad?

You can live with anyone you wish to live with. BUT Judge always ask children their choice to live with. If you prefer to live with someone you REALLY trust, that's your choice. In Family Court, these questions are a must, Judge take word from children who they think they can live with. That's totally up to you. Remember, this is about TRUST %26amp; LOVE....



CW994 :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting talk