Saturday, November 28, 2009

Live in the UK and have to wait 12 weeks to see the MidWife!!!?

I live in the UK and have just been to see the doc who just 'beleived' I was pregnant, took my blood pressure - nothing else?? and then was told that i would be contacted by midwife at 12 weeks!! Then after speaking to s friend also just found out that I woud get a scan at 16-20 weeks I thought that I would automatically get a scan or something at 12 weeks!!!



After reading things on here it sounds like those who live in other countries get better care than the UK, those of u in the UK did u get better care than this, maybe not 'care' more reasurance get to speak to proffessional ect....? Its my first and I thought I would at least get to see a midwife before 12 weeks????



Live in the UK and have to wait 12 weeks to see the MidWife!!!?

here in canada where im from.. first doc appointment is at 12 weeks.. and first ultrasound is at 18-22 weeks...second ultrasound is at 32 weeks.



Live in the UK and have to wait 12 weeks to see the MidWife!!!?

Im afraid thats normal. I saw the midwife at 12 weeks and was scanned at 18. Remember that the people in other countries dont have an NHS system...they have to PAY for all their care...it costs them thousands. Really you have nothing to worry about...not much happens in the first 12 weeks..if you are worried you should ask your GP to refer you to a private hospital and you can pay for a scan.



Live in the UK and have to wait 12 weeks to see the MidWife!!!?

12 weeks is actually pretty normal. That's the way most US OBs/midwives are. Also a lot do not do an ultrasound until 16-20 weeks.



Sarah, just an FYI, 12 weeks IS 3 months. :)



Live in the UK and have to wait 12 weeks to see the MidWife!!!?

Sorry I don't get to see my doctor until two more weeks and I'm already 12 weeks along. And they usually don't do ultrasounds/scan until around that time since the baby is so small before that.



Live in the UK and have to wait 12 weeks to see the MidWife!!!?

I first saw my (independant) midwife at 12 weeks :) Most doctors in the US won't even schedule you in for an appt. until the 3 month mark!



It seems strange, but are there any other options?



Live in the UK and have to wait 12 weeks to see the MidWife!!!?

I live in Scotland (obviously in the UK), and I had a dating scan at 8 weeks, another at 12 weeks a few days ago, and I'm due another in 3 weeks' time. I didn't see a midwife in detail until my 12-week scan, but my doctor put me in touch with the local Early Pregnancy Support Centre in case I had any questions or worries before then.



I think it varies depending on your circumstances, needs and where you live. You could always ask your regular GP about any concerns you might have. I know how frustrating the time before your prenatal care kicks in can be - after all, you'll be wanting to see your little one and make sure everything's going brilliantly! - but I think I've just been very lucky with how my specific care has fallen.



You could do a little research to find out what services and schedules are usual in your area, to check that you're getting everything you're entitled to. Care here seems to be very good, so perhaps you'll find out that your doctor's a bit behind on what's available?



Whatever happens, I wish you the best of luck with everything. Best wishes for a happy, healthy pregnancy and a beautiful baby at the end of it. :-)



Live in the UK and have to wait 12 weeks to see the MidWife!!!?

I LIVE IN ENGLAND and i went in and the doctor just assumed i was pregnant and just took my blood pressure, so when i got home i rang them up and asked another doc if they cud just do a urine test to no for sure and they did for me. then i got a letter through for a 12 weeks dating scan. and after that i had my 2nd scan at 19 weeks. after this i have seen my midwife every month for blood pressure and just the usual checks. i am now 32 weeks pregnant and my next appointment with my midwife is at 36 weeks. i thought at the beginning that i wasnt being seen enough i felt forgot about but all this is normal which i now realise. congratulations and good luck with your pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting talk