Saturday, November 28, 2009

Would you live in an expensive city for it's opportunities even if you couldn't save as mu

I live in Chicago and have just graduated from school - I am trying to find a job but just barely making ends meet right now. My family is giving me a hard time about continuing to live here when I am so short on cash right now, but I don't want to move back the small town my family is in and a lot of my resources are here for my career - I think I should be living in a big city at this time in my life, but I also feel like all of the money I make goes straight to rent and bills -



Would you live in an expensive city for it's opportunities even if you couldn't save as much money?

All your money now is going to rent and bills now but it's not always going to be like that.



Use this argument with your parents, yes you could move to a small town but after you get settled there you will NEVER be able to move back to the city because it will always be expensive and the older you get the less likely your quality of living (i.e. apartment space) will have increased and you won't be able to afford it.



Your opportunites in a big city will eventually pan out to more money. Stick your grounds, the small town (and the connections it brings) will always be there for you to go to.



Would you live in an expensive city for it's opportunities even if you couldn't save as much money?

Try moving to something a little out of the city and commuting fatter to work.. may be able to save this way. I agree, location is the most important decision to make when it comes to your future. Just cant get it done in a small town.



Would you live in an expensive city for it's opportunities even if you couldn't save as much money?

I would say, stay where you are and work your way up. You're right, you'll have more opportunities in the city. As long as you are not behind on your bills, you should be alright until you can climb the corporate ladder.



Would you live in an expensive city for it's opportunities even if you couldn't save as much money?

If you think its the right choice for your life go for it stay in chicago

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting talk